Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
new project
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new project

Post Thanks / Like

Default new project

i just got my friend to give me a guitar he had for a while that his uncle had found in the dump. its not a solid body, and it's not even real wood. to be honest, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE MAKER WAS THINKING. ill post pictures, i just wanted to get this thread started

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Wow kinda looks like a Silvertone or Danelectro knock off and be careful that pickup looks like a Chinese vibrator!!lol Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

wow...you hit the nail right on the head....it says silvertone on the head....

Post Thanks / Like

do you know if silvertone guitars were made out of particle board?....this guitar is completely hollow.....just thought i would give it a chance to be revived. but im planning on putting a fender tele style bridge on it, and probably just one pickup from a strat knock-off i have....

Post Thanks / Like

So it's made of hollowed out particleboard?

Wow, I thought I was trying to turn a sows ear into a silk purse upgrading my Korean Squier when I found out it had a laminate body. You're taking it to a whole new level though!

Good luck with the upgrades, I'm keen to see how it turns out.

As an aside, maybe an upgraded camera might be in order too

Post Thanks / Like

lol....ya that camera has taken its share of drops...haha, sorry about the quality

Post Thanks / Like

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/6...onepreview.jpg just a quick preview in paints that i made......not exactley what i want....but for now that is the basic design and layout

Post Thanks / Like

Yea a famous old blues guy Roach Mulligan played one of those old Silvertone's,That guy could wail!Greatest tone.He died in a hotel fire(fell asleep cig)and all that was left was that Silvertone sitting in a corner just a little sparkley paint bubbled up.R.I.P. Roach.Guess you can call it your Roach Rocker.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

do you think considering how old silvertones are, that it could be worth anything in decent condition?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If you read the March Guitar World's article and interview with "Them Crooked Vultures", check out Josh Homme's weird gear collection. Same with Jack White (White Stripes, etc.).
    Some people love the completely original sounds they get from cheap, plastic and particle board bodied guitars.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

im not sure if i have the march issue.....do you know who is on the cover?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IronMaiden666
    im not sure if i have the march issue.....do you know who is on the cover?
    Should be Them Crooked Vultures (Josh Homme, John Paul Jones -the bloke from Led Zep, Dave Grohl).
    Their recent album is still one of the best of last year.

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    If you read the March Guitar World's article and interview with "Them Crooked Vultures", check out Josh Homme's weird gear collection. Same with Jack White (White Stripes, etc.).
    Some people love the completely original sounds they get from cheap, plastic and particle board bodied guitars.
    Josh Homme might have an eclectic collection, but I know he frequently plays Maton's which are neither cheap, plastic, or made from particle board

(yeah I might be a little biased as I have a red version of the guitar in THIS article about him.)

His wife plays them too, or at least I know she did when she fronted the Distillers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't bastardize that Silvertone. That old pickup might have some nice vintage tones. I think silvertones were discontinued in 1972...it might be even older than that.

I'd love to have that guitar.

Post Thanks / Like

i would keep that pickup, but it is crap....its falling apart. i will keep a lipstick pickup though. im just gonna buy a new one

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If you are just going to trash the pup I'll buy it from you if you don't mind shipping it.

Post Thanks / Like

ive been loking at it....tryin to figure out what i could do to restore it. im gonna keep the same shape of pickgaurd, but make it out of plastic instead of the weak particle board that was already on it. i was planning on a humbucker, but i want to keep the classic vintage sound of a lipstick pickup. i need to figure out the bridge, im probably going to just clean up the one that was already on it. and put that back on. if you guys have any suggestions, shoot. ALSO, i found that there was a hole in the back. (you can see it in the pictures). im going to make a plastic cover for that. it will make a lot easier access to the pickup and other electronics

Post Thanks / Like

in the middle of spray painting it black....coming out pretty nice if i do say so myself....postin pictures soon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast