Thread: A new kind of wah pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Default A new kind of wah pedal

Check out the Plutonium Chi Wah Wah. It sounds great and takes up very little space.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I like, any idea on what one of those list for?

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Very cool. Would seem weird to use a wah that way, but who knows, one might get used to it. Or not. Regardless, it seems to sound good. It thought it sounded better clean though.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

$189, or $300 for a bronze one

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Looks cool, but I don't think I could spend that much when you can get a crybaby for so much less, or just use one in a Line6M series.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I think the pedal itself looks pretty cool, but it's definitely not gonna feel as good as getting your whole foot onto a classic crybaby and rockin back and forth!
    Cheers
    Fretz

Post Thanks / Like

That's a great idea. I've always hated how much space wah pedals take up. I'd like to see similarly sized expression pedals. I have a Moogerfooger Low Pass Filter that's huge on its own. To really get the most out of the pedal you need at least one (if not two) expression pedals. That takes up a huge amount of space (even on my PT Pro).
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

I like the name, Plutoneium Chi-Wah-Wah with the radiation symbol for the "o". Very clever....

I also like the compact size. The standard size Wah is always so disruptive to the symetry of a pedal board. Seems that wherever it ends up, it's always a compromise.

The tone? I don't know. Seems to have a much less organic tone and more limited sweep than my Crybaby with the Roger Mayer Red Lion in it. Same compared to a good Vox, a Teese or even the Budda Wah.

It's a novel idea that ought to sell, though.
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Post Thanks / Like

Too bad this thing is near $200. They probably wont sell that many.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.